see the world
A bicycle trip around the world, starting on the ice roads of Canada's Arctic
FOLLOW THE ADVENTURE:
(scroll down for spring 2014 journal and the start of the trip)
- 2014, June 21-29: 10 day backroad ride to Bella Coola
- 2014, Aug 18-Sept 27: 36 days of Alaska (Full blog to come soon-ish)
- 2014, Sept 28-October 13: The Icefields Parkway Video
- 2014, October 14-19: The Great Divide Part 1: Canada
- 2014, October 19-November 4: The Great Divide Part 2: Montana
- 2014, November 5-16: The Great Divide Part 3: Wyoming
- 2014, November 17-28: The Great Divide Part 4: Colorado
- 2014, November 29-December 10: Colorado
- 2014, December 11-19: Utah
- 2014, December 19-29: Hiking The Grand Canyon
- 2014, Dec 30 - 2015, Jan 10: Utah Part 2: The Long Haul
- 2015, Feb 3-8: Nevada
- 2015, Feb 10-17: Death Valley, California
- 2015, Feb 18-Mar 4: From Yosemite to the west coast
- BACKPOST: Alaska Part 1: Top of the World
- BACKPOST: Alaska Part 2: Denali Highway
- BACKPOST: Alaska Part 3: The Haul Road
- BACKPOST: Alaska Part 4: Denali National Park
- NEW: 2015, Mar 5-17: The West Coast Highway
Journal 1: "The North"
- Into The Arctic: The plan for spring
- Getting there: Hitch hiking to the Canadian Arctic with a bicycle.
- Canada, Northwest Territories
- DAY 0: Tuktoyaktuk, preparing for the road
- DAY 1: Ice roads are supposed be smooth, right? And what about that snowstorm?
- DAY 2,3: Frostbite and sunburn, and waiting for a road to be cleared
- DAY 4,5,6: 17 hours on a bad road, local spring festival and the northern lights
- DAY 7,8: The ascent to the mountains and what happens when its 10pm, cold, snowing and you are at a mountain pass.
- Canada, Yukon Territory
- DAY 9-12: What happens on the Dempster stays on the Dempster, except the mud. Mud follows you around.
- DAY 13-15: What do you do on a detour? Take another detour. Then: ride around a mountain island on a frozen lake.
- DAY 15-18: The Alaska Highway. I left all my winter gear in Whitehorse, its spring. No more snowstorms, RIGHT?
- Canada, British Columbia
- DAY 19-26: Stewart Cassiar Highway. Headwind, rain, bears, glaciers and amazing views.
March, 2015: Accepted as Blackburn Ranger. Cycling the Continental Divide Trail in July.
SEE THE WORLD 1: CANADA'S ARCTIC
(1st episode: 3700km ride starting on the frozen Arctic ocean)